Is Steven the worst character of his own show? If not who do you think is the worst character?

Is Steven the worst character of his own show? If not who do you think is the worst character?

Attached: 1517840254238.png (1024x575, 332K)

>it's taken him 3 season to actually start giving a fuck about Gem related stuff and ask follow-up questions, and even the only barely
Yes.

Yes, which is pretty impressive, considering they're all varying degrees of annoying.

>money can't make you happy

why can't shows teach responsibility instead of demonizing money?

I always wonder. Where do you go to cash a check that large at?

At the bank.

I'm pretty sure that money made Greg pretty happy. He was able to buy his dream car and take his son on a trip to the BIIIIIIIG CIIIIIIIITY

Usually there is a $250k limit per account, I think you'd have to set up a trust for anything above that?

I think most of us can agree, minus the ones that want to fuck her, that it's Sadie.

>If not who do you think is the worst character?

Pearl. I don't think I've despised a character so much in a long time.

Attached: 1513221724697.gif (540x420, 1.25M)

They're all pretty bad.

Attached: ANDSTEVEEEEEN.png (700x700, 113K)

Kek, to me Steven is easily the worst. It's like he was specifically designed to make everything about him grating.

Attached: 1492199612127.png (700x700, 126K)

What's wrong with Pearl user? She's trying her best.

Don't try to sway me with your Pearlfag ways. Look deep in to your heart and you know she would hate you if she were real.

Attached: Away THOT.png (542x610, 546K)

Agreed. It's not very good when your main character is the most unlikable.

Attached: STTTHHHHEEEEVEEEEENNNNN.png (1023x733, 184K)

For me it's the cool teens, I'm ok with Steven being a stupid little shit, but those aloof degenerates make no sense to me, they have no real struggles besides really normie shit and they're too well adjusted for their age

I think it's a tie between Steven and amethyst which is why it was the worst possible thing to have them fuse

Most of the designs are bad on this show. But Smoky stood out as being particularly terrible.

>Usually there is a $250k limit per account
no, that's just the amount that's insured by the US government

Why is the image so saturated?

Lapoop

At first I thought that was just the standard illegible cartoon writing but then I realized that this is actually how they write because they have fucked up deformed sausage hands.

All the gems are horrible and so is Steven, but I swear, no one is as unlikable as Connie.

If you thought Steven's episodes in which he's being obnoxiously preachy is bad, you should see how much worse Connie is when she takes his role during the moral preaching section of the episode. The writers intentionally write every character besides her out-of-character just so she appears better than them.

The only people who like Connie are pedophilic waifufags. I haven't met anyone else who actually likes her.

Attached: Season 1-4 Connie.jpg (433x413, 40K)

Garnet, Rose or Amethyst.

It's not that money can't make you happy, it's that you don't NEED money to be happy. You can enjoy the simple things in life for free, but the show also shows that not everything is free, with Greg's backstory and needing a job and all that.

Anyway, the worst characters are the ones where the writers didn't get them enough characterization, like Topaz, most of the townies, ect. But even then, most of these characters quirks at least make them interesting. Then you have characters like Ronaldo, that can be funny, but the show forces them into a spot that makes them annoying. Or they just become Mary Sues, like Lars and Sadie and Connie. Steven's worst attributes is that he's too childish and just doesn't care for most of the show; he's boring to watch with the way he's written.

A lot of characters have good potential with their concept, and upon introduction they showed promised, but the lack luster writing has caused them to be too bland to be interested in, and the fact that they keep pushing certain characters in certain ways without characterizing them in the process and blocking the natural plot progression of the rest of the show, it's just frustrating to watch. And I'd think that's something most fans can agree on.

I wish that Rebecca had been less lax while running her show. She had plenty of ideas and concepts and a direction for the show, but instead of taking care of the garden after she planted the seeds, she just let them grow, causing them to grow all over the place, allowing weeds and pests in, as well as not nurturing the crops in a substantial way. Some stuff, despite the odds, will still grow tasty but a lot of it will never meet it's potential it could have had with a competent gardener.

Attached: Peridotl28.jpg (590x687, 390K)

But what about Tumblr? They love her because she is a minority and a strong independent woman.

Attached: Hell Yeah!.jpg (114x124, 2K)

No, Amethyst and Garnet are characters with enough characterizations but they are completely terrible as people, their ideologies are stupid just like their thematic and they are a REALLY bad example to follow as the stupid kids from Tumblr do.

No, they don't actually love her for that, they don't like her because she's a bland nobody whose only purpose is to lecture Steven and fuse with him.

I wish this meme would die. If anything tumblr's side of the Steven Universe fanbase is obsessed with, it's Lapidot and Ruby & Sapphire, but not Connie. There's a specific reason why I said only lolicon waifufags like Connie.

Attached: duchess disappoint.jpg (356x374, 56K)

Stevens adorable, tho!

>only lolicon waifufags like Connie
As a lolifag I find this offensive.

But being terrible people doesn't make them bad characters, and viewers of the show shouldn't have impact on how you judge the character on their own merit. Could both Garnet and Amethyst be better written? Sure. But they're shown to have flaws and not to be infallible. They make bad choices based on their ideologies, sure, but one of the points of Steven Universe is that people can learn and change. And if the show manages to get on track with it's writing again, Amy will sulk a lot less and stop trying to hurt people around her, and Garnet will be less rash and indignant.

Attached: 1470219386019.png (2252x2398, 540K)

please someone make a steven amerimutt meme

>They make bad choices based on their ideologie

The problem with these characters is that their bad choices are considered for the story as good choices, Garnet and her stupid fusion is absolutely correct and anyone that think different is wrong, of course her bad behavior against these who don't think like her is completely correct too. Then she will never learn anything making of her a character without progress.

Amethyst is a bad person, she is the personification of envy (envy is a bad thing), but the show think that she is just an "insecure person" so she can have all the bad behavior that she wants to but we are supposed to feel bad for her. Finally she is perfect just like she is so she will never improves as a person, instead she will rewarded by her bad behavior.

all gems are bad people
they all act like they have lead poisoning.

What about stupid teenager girls? Don't they like Connie because they use her as a self-insert character? Everyone get mad in reddit when you try to explain them why she is a mary sue or a bad character, I'm pretty sure that teenager girls like her just like they like any other dark skinned token girl.

Attached: 1497349177830.jpg (800x600, 62K)

Yeah but Garnet and Amethyst are the worst.

I don't understand your point with Garnet - What's wrong with fusion? Outside of not being a cultural norm for Gems, there's nothing wrong with it. And when persecuted for the choice, she defends herself? The only reason it's bad is because it shows the Gem's thinking for themselves, which the Diamond's despise, as well as power boost the Diamond's also want to avoid. In other situations, she's not always in the right, like how she handled her fight with Pearl, her automatic distrust of Peridot, the way she taught Steven about FutureVision, and so forth.

As for Amethyst, she's not perfect either, and I can't recall her bad behavior ever being rewarded. She's forgiven a little too quickly, definitely, but that has more to do with time constants per episode and bad writing. Her envious nature is from her insecurities, and yes, we're supposed to be sympathetic, but we're not instantly supposed to be on her side - She's even called out for the way she acts, like mocking Pearl through her reforms, transforming into Rose to hurt Greg, verbally and physically attacking Peridot. She's not always in the right, but she can acknowledge that and attempts not to let her hotheadedness get the better of her, and she apologizes when it does happen. She's still impulsive though, but that's just part of who she is, for better or worse. She just needs to learn better decision making skills, but it's a comedy show and she's the mischief maker, so she's never going to fully commit to that.

Attached: Amethyst 4.png (201x281, 58K)

>sadie
>lars
>purple woman
there are plenty of contenders for worst character, op

Attached: 1514614996871.png (380x458, 264K)

Bugs.. go heavy on the carrots.

Pearl is the best actual character by far

>I don't understand your point with Garnet - What's wrong with fusion?

Imagine that this person is naked and this person says that you are wrong for ask gently "can you put some cloths? It makes me unconformable see you like that" then this person answer hitting you or humiliating you, now this person think that everyone should to think that being naked around is correct and special and if you think something different or try to explain your point of view that person will threaten to hit you because you don't think like that person. Still this person think that you should try to understand it but that person don't care about your own point of view so it will never try to understand you. Do you think that this is a reasonable person? Or a good person? From my point of view that person is an hypocrite.

>As for Amethyst, she's not perfect either.

"You are perfect just like you are." -Garnet. Season two and forward she follows the mechanic that I mentioned, check it.

Nah it's Greg, the second place belong to Pearl and the third place belong to Peridot.

Steven is the worst, but any townie is a close second. Lars. Sadie. Ronaldo. The Cool Kids. Take your pick, they're all shit!

nobody fucking likes the townies

That's entirely different. That's like telling someone "Be less gay because it makes me uncomfortable!" That's the allegory they're going for, and you know it.

>Eurpoors are too lazy to make their own memes

No it's more like... "could you stop of kiss your lover in front of me?" even if you aren't gay it's uncomfortable for other people and then stupid person says "If you ask me that again I gonna hit you bitch". And still if someone ask you to be less gay it doesn't gives you right to humiliate them or treat them, you are asking to other people to be tolerant but you aren't tolerate yourself. Hypocrite.

Alright calm down, I just was curious. Geez.

Attached: 1500795391802.jpg (512x384, 50K)

That's not the metaphor fusions are though. Fusions are meant as a depiction of a relationship, not an act of fornication, like kissing. Can the fusion dance look sensual? Yes, but it doesn't have to, like Ruby and Sapphire reuniting on Jasper's ship. And yes, if someone attacks you for you life choices, and not just judging you from a far, but in person attacking you, who wouldn't defend themselves? And she's more than glad to explain her mindset in a calm fashion, like she did with Peridot, even offering to teach her about it and Garnet backed off when Peridot showed disinterest. She's fine with different opinions, as long as nobody tries to force it on her. And in what way is she humiliating them specifically?

The whole show is basically about the Crystal Gems coping with the fact that their Best Gem was replaced by shitty Steven. Steven also has to cope with the fact that his existence destroyed Best Gem.

If he wasn't kind of trash, there'd be no story.

Attached: 1496761299012.jpg (800x726, 41K)

its a tumblr gif

yes