If a writer portrays Dr. Doom as a villain, then he doesn't understand Dr. Doom

>If a writer portrays Dr. Doom as a villain, then he doesn't understand Dr. Doom
The STATE of Doomfags.

I blame Hickman.

Attached: Doctor_Doom_Portrait_Art.png (790x912, 2.75M)

Other urls found in this thread:

movieweb.com/star-wars-darth-vader-ripoff-doctor-doom-jack-kirby/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

People (casuals) are obsessed with conflicted villains and redeemable villains and anti-heroes. It's fucking shit.

Don't forget, Doom's got decades of having every failed scheme, defeat and loss either pre-emptively or retroactively deflected as "Oh, they just beat a Doombot". Nowadays, people genuinely believe the hype about Doom being the greatest villain in the world and/or the True Hero of Marvel.

Doom is a fucking meme character that needs to die asap

Reminder that Doom is and always has been pathetic.

Attached: Doomfags.png (938x718, 1.03M)

Stay salty. Doom's so versalite he can work as a hammy Iznogoud-like character, or as a serious and tragic figure. You're just mad your faves are one-note.

Attached: 1496970868848.png (800x800, 187K)

Namorfag, enough!

So are you saying you liked Infamous Iron Man in a really passive aggressive way or are you just a faggot?

Sorry we Doomfags don't like one dimensional edgy villains.

>if a writer portrays a character consistent to his backstory, beliefs and ideals, then he's wanking him
Doom had honor and good qualities even back in the Lee/Kirby mustache twirling era. But you don't actually read comics, you just shitpost about them.
>look ma i posted it again
Remember that time when Reed had all of Doom's property and armor and all Doom had was a Mad Max outfit and he still BTFO'd Reed and took all of his stuff back?

Attached: Triumph.jpg (1280x1920, 427K)

>Stan the man's favorite villain
>so iconic he inspired Darth fucking Vader
I get it that brainlets can't stand a character with more then one layer but neck yourself asap.

...The man used to have Nazis working for him. Being an "honorable" villain is something that he got given later.

Shhhhhhh.

Doomfags do not recognize any comic written before 2010.

Means to an end. The original Doom also beat the shit out of Red Skull. Also i assume they later realized how retarded it is for a gypsy to have anything to do with Nazis.

I probably read more 60's Doom comics then you've read comics so kindly fuck yourself with that attitude.

Also
>hurr only Hickman wrote good guy Doom
Confirmed complete brainlet, Doom had positive qualities since his first incarnation and was written as a flawed yet noble man since the fucking 80's or even earlier.

>Also i assume they later realized how retarded it is for a gypsy to have anything to do with Nazis.
Eh, he's a Dictator first, Balkan Gyppo second. Knowledge is knowledge. And considering there are Greek Nazis, when the country itself was completely obliterated and ransacked during WWII, it's not really surprising. Stranger things have happened.

>A noble man that tries to kill people because he fucked up his own face
How noble of him! Truly a hero!

Mephisto fucked up his face.
His grudge with Reed (which was actually dropped more times then i can count and then resumed because hurr comics) is probably the worst part of the character (when i say worst i don't mean hurr bad writing that makes him look bad, i mean his worst, most evil quality). That doesn't actually affect him genuinely trying to save/protect humanity at large.

>Rapes citizens
>Kills citizens for dumb reasons
>tortures kids
>All of his history is literally about him trying to destroy the lives of people that have done nothing to him
>"B-B-But he just wants to save people! HE IS A MISUNDERSTOOD HERO!"
How dumb you gotta be to be a Doomfag?

Attached: rape de seigneur.jpg (641x855, 247K)

>rapes
You can fuck right off with that, one retard writer in one VERY shitty comics (which your probably didn't even read) doesn't nullify decades of character history.
>>Kills citizens for dumb reasons
Name a comic in the last thirty years where this happened.
>tortures kids
See above.
>All of his history is literally about him trying to destroy the lives of people that have done nothing to him
Half. The other half is about saving humanity. and when i say half, i mean literally for the last 30 years he's been focused more on the later then the former. He's evolved as a character.
>How dumb you gotta be to be a Doomfag?
Not nearly as dumb as you, that's for sure.

This is like saying Lex Luthor would be a good guy without his grudge with Superman.

If Dr. Doom really wanted to out do Reed then he could simply attempt to be a better superhero than him.

Because he isn't a villain. Or a hero. He's a well-intentioned, ego-maniacal asshole who sometimes acts in the interests of booth good and evil.

>I blame Hickman
Uh Oh, casual retard alert! Let's look at the shit Hickman had happen to Doom
>Needs to beg Reed to unretard him
>Gets BTFO by his own peons in a universe he created, TWICE
>Gets BTFO by evil Reeds, needs Reed's Dad to save him
His best feat in the run is lasting a few minutes against celestials, which just allows the FF to actually save the day, he doesn't even do anything. Hickman Doomwank is a meme made by people with Doomhateboners.

>If you ignore all the stories in which Doom has done bad things, then he never did any bad thing and is a hero
You Doomfags can't possibly be more retarded.

Here is Doom killing his own citizens for dumb reasons in a story written 12 years ago. I suppose it shouldn't count because it doesn't portray your dumb power fantasy under a good light, huh?

Attached: please clap.jpg (2946x1270, 795K)

>when you're so autistic you keep spamming the same things, on two threads, at the same time, while making room for Starkh8ing
What kind of autism is this?

No, it shouldn't count because it's a pretty retarded story that ends with Doom being a million year old multiversal superbeing in 616 continuity (not a temporary power-up, a permanent upgrade gained through training (fucking kek)) and for some reason doesn't do ANYTHING with that power and it's never brought up again.
>>If you ignore all the stories in which Doom has done bad things, then he never did any bad thing and is a hero
Look up the definition of PIS, retard, one comic that is so out of character it becomes a parody doesn't actually mean shit. If i wanted to just plug my ears and ignore all the evil shit he's done i would have told you to ignore the entirety of his grudge with Reed or what he did to Wakanda.

Can anti-Doomfags not understand that he's an enjoyable character because he's believably written as a cartoonish despot or as a tragic antihero with everything in between? Only the absolute cream of the crop like Superman and Batman have that degree of character versatility. I mean for fuck's sake read some comics.

no.

>I suppose it shouldn't count because it doesn't portray your dumb power fantasy under a good light, huh?
>No, it shouldn't count
Imagine being this pathetic.

Do you have a twitter that you use to harass any writer that doesn't write Doom as the nicest guy ever? "Doctor Doom League", maybe?

>character written consistently under nearly every writer that took him as either an honorable villain or a well intentioned extremist
>one writer who's known to hate him writes him as a lecherous rapist that gets btfo by a pack of dogs
>never brought up again
>hurr this is canon
Imagine being this small dicked that a fictional character makes to so insecure.

Literally this.

>it's an "user gets ignored in the doom thread, so he makes his own to shit on doom" episode
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH

Attached: blonde_slut_eating_popcorn.gif (300x345, 2.19M)

>Dr. Doom, the character that exists to try to kill people for dumb reasons, is considered a villain by a bunch of writers
>REEEEEEEEEE THESE WRITERS KNOW NOTHING ABOUT DOOM DOOM IS A GOOD MAN THAT ONLY WANTS TO PROTECT PEOPLE REEEEEEEEEEEEE
Poison Ivy League was never this pathetic.

Doom is overrated. He has a classic stupid one-dimensional villain backstory and yet, just like Luthor and Joker, he's somehow become popular enough that people genuinely believe he's the hero.

But, that's what comes of giving him Doombots. Nobody's ever been able to hand him a single canonical defeat because of that stupid plot element, so it's not really surprising that people began buying what he was selling, instead of remembering that it's all supposed to be crap.

>literally just said he's portrayed as an honorable villain by a lot of writers
>all villains are completely the same
>all villains are equally vile
Imagine being this retarded.

>He has a classic stupid one-dimensional villain backstory
You DO realize you're talking about an archetypal character? One that inspired fucking Darth Vader? Doom probably invented half the tropes you'd call him stale for using.

>Nobody's ever been able to hand him a single canonical defeat
Does ANYONE on this fucking board actually read comics?

>Does ANYONE on this fucking board actually read comics?
Not since 2000's

>Does ANYONE on this fucking board actually read comics?
>Sup Forums
>reading comics
user, this is the board thatjerks off the same or so things, while disregarding anything else. We're talking about people who shit on stuff like Iron Man, by pretending he's a quipster with repeated storylines.

>Doom probably invented half the tropes you'd call him stale for using.
Which tropes has Doom invented? I will wait.

...Archetypical villain? user, do you even KNOW Doom's 60s backstory?

>Science prodigy in the same college as Reed Richards.
>Builds a complicated machine as a personal project.
>Richards asks "Hey, are you sure this one equation here is correct? Doesn't look right to me."
>Ignores him.
>Machine blows up and scars his face.
>Gets expelled.
>"REEEEchars must have sabotaged MEEEE!"
>Conquers Latveria as tyrannical overlord and begins ceaseless attempts to kill Richards.

Freaking Fantastic Four #86 reveals Doom keeps huge bombs under each settlement in Latveria so he can annihilate them if they resist him. Some "benevolent leader".

When it comes to Doom, can you name a single time when, even if the scheme was thwarted, either it turned out they'd only captured a Doombot (take another drink if he then uses "I'm King of Latveria!" to get out of punishment) or it was retconned in a later story that it was only a Doombot that was beaten?

You remember how the Joker got away with killing Robin in "A Death in the Family" by becoming Iran's ambassador to the USA? That's what Doom does all the time, only with more robot doppelgangers for writers to hang defeats on.

Screaming your enemy's name when he beats you

>Freaking Fantastic Four #86 reveals Doom keeps huge bombs under each settlement in Latveria so he can annihilate them if they resist him. Some "benevolent leader".
It's a chocolate bomb, you retard. Doom would never harm any human being, he is too good for that.

>so iconic he inspired Darth fucking Vader

Gonna need some delicious sauce on that, boy.

He BLOWS UP A FUCKING VILLAGE WITH LATVERIANS INSIDE IT IN Fantastic Four #87. They ONLY survive because Sue Storm's forcefield was strong enough to protect the ONE small portion where they managed to disarm the bombs.

Yea, the most evil incarnation of Doom. He's evolved as a character so much it might as well be a completely different person. Meanwhile FF are virtually identical aside from Suewank.

Doom is a Lawful Evil Anti Villian. He really is the world's greatest man. Yet his petty nature sabotages himself.

Attached: 1735679-827686_doom_philip_tan01_large.jpg (300x458, 39K)

>Writers portray Doom as a villain
It shouldn't count because they aren't being faithful to Stan Lee's vision.
>Stan Lee portrays Doom as a villain
It shouldn't count because reasons.

>A retard that speaks in the third-person and tries to kill people for petty reasons is Marvel's greatest man
A lesser world with lesser men.

>Dr Doom is Green Goblin
wrong

People trying to argue that Doom has a consistent characterization are retarded. Doom is a fantastic villain because he can be whatever type of antagonist the story needs and it never feels forced. Kirby characters are great like that because their design either looks awesome or silly depending on the context

>YEAH WELL DOOM WAS DIFFERENT BEFORE JOHN BYRNE ALMOST RE-INVENTED HIM ENTIRELY
yeah and Superman used to not fly. what the fuck is even your point?

>literally making shit up
I said that even Stan Lee's, the most evil Doom, had some honor and good qualities, so this idea of him recently being written as more then a bloodthirsty tyrant is bullshit. And he's gotten much better since the Lee era.

This.

Attached: Fashion.jpg (189x280, 19K)

>Waid's Doom shouldn't count because he was too evil
>Millar's Doom also should not count because he was too evil
>Half of Lee's Doom should also not count because he was too evil
Stop being so much of a pussy, how about that?

Waid's Doom shouldn't count because it made absolutely no sense for Doom to act like he did not only because of his previous characterization in decades of comics but also because of the storylines leading up to Unthinkable. Waid also made it clear he hates both Doom and his fans in interviews.
Millars Doom was ok, the story was retconned because, as i've said, he gave Doom a permanent multiversal upgrade.
Lee's Doom is ancient history, it's like saying Batman should still be Adam West.
How about you grow a pair and stop letting fictional characters give you depression you insecure faggot.

And this thread proves that hating Doom's fans and apologists is bad... why?

How about YOU grow a pair and stop living your pathetic life through a ridiculous power fantasy?

Or at least own up and admit that your power fantasy IS a villain? Stop behaving like a Harley Quinn tumblr fan.

How about you retards actually read the fucking comics you're discussing? Did you actually ever read Unthinkable? Or anything with Doom in it? Or are you just parroting what you heard here from brainlets much like yourselves with a couple of out of context scans to back you up.
>explain that while Doom has done evil shit some of it was retconned and some is ignored because it was clearly a writer with a vendetta who completely went against the previous year of story lines that were going in a completely opposite direction
>hurr you're an apologist

>What, the writer is treating my villain power fantasy as a villain? He must have a vendetta against him!
Doomfags, everyone.

>waid goes on record saying that Doom would bite off a baby's head in front of it's mother if that could prove he's smarter then Reed and that anyone who thinks otherwise is a retard despite there not being LITERALLY a single comic even vaguely backing this up
>surely he's unbiased!

Sue still defeated the real one, she even destroyed his armor and left him naked on public

>50 years of comics in which Doom kills and puts the lives of innocent people in line in schemes to destroy Reed's family and proves that he is the smartest of the two.
>WTF why is Waid making shit up? Doom would never do that!
Doomfags, everyone.

Attached: alert.gif (493x342, 393K)

LOL Doomfags are delusional

He obviously threw that to get closer to Valeria, who was terrified of her mother and protective of him by the end. Kind of the point of him not using literally ANY of his powers of weapons other then low-power blasters. People here talk about Doomwank but i struggle to think of a character more wanked then Sue. Seriously, not just when it comes to power (lol, muh forcefields stronger then Celestials) but in everything. I can't remember her not completely winning an argument or being the most morally superior or badass looking person in any scene she's in. When she does lose it's in a scenario where literally anyone else would, and she's never wrong.

>all types of evil are the same
>battles between adults are the same as biting of a baby's head
Confirmed retarded manchild, kill yourself post haste.

For sure.

Attached: Ruler.jpg (1024x490, 222K)

>Superman
He has virtually no character versatility whatsoever

>A despot that kills his own citizens to please his own ego repeatedly tries to kill you for decades for absolutely no reason and puts the life of your entire family, children included, in the line.
>"I-It's just an honorable battle between adults. It doesn't mean he is a bad person."
Doomfags, everyone.

Please read some comics written before 2000

>puts the life of your entire family, children included, in the line
>literally saved his daughter's life when no one else could for no other reason then because Johnny begged him to
Read. Some. Comics. Mongoloid.
>Either you're pure 100% good or the blackest, most depraved evil, absolutely nothing in between.
And grow up.

Correct. It's almost as if most of Sup Forums never read Emperor Doom, Annual#2, Byrne's run, etc etc etc

Whoops, sorry. His daughter's and WIFE'S life. Mongoloid.

Character versatility does not just mean that a character has changed through different eras of comics

>Literally gave their son to demons to be assraped.
Read. Some. Comics. Doomfag.

>uses the comic i'm arguing is PIS as it had no precedent as proof that it had precedent in being written
Nice fallacy, retard. I'm done wasting my time.
Btw, Unthinkable was actually retconned by Straczynski, so you have literally nothing to stand on.

Lest I also forget Triumph and Torment or Astonishing Tales #8...

Lets also not forget "Books of Doom", in which he bashes an innocent woman because he wanted to bang his own mom.

1) That's not true because you can use those previous elements of the character to inform new interpretations of him
2) I can still think of a ton from the silver and bronze age alone
>Wide eyed kid
>angry father figure
>kind father figure
>evil despot
>everyman
>good natured troll
>bad natured troll
>despaired last son of a dead race
>lawful good hardo
>brooding genius
>space explorer
and of course, the All-American hero.
Superman's versatility outstrips most other heroes by a wide margin. For example can you really see a story about Spider-Man becoming a despot? Or about Moon Knight being a good natured troll?

Doom is best when he is a morally grey anti-hero, not a blackhearted villain

>Based Vic chokes some thot a little
>white knights immediately up in arms
Based Doom making betas cry.

Even a blackhearted Doom isn't a rapist or a babykiller though.

Versatility for Doomfags is:
>Evil despot
>Evil despot that is actually a misunderstood hero if you ignore all the stories in which he is an evil despot
And that's it.

Be nice to them. They consider "Doomwar" one of the best stories ever written in comics.

Are Doom & Stark the only Chads left in Marvel?

Attached: tumblr_ozhe0yUK371wgjyx1o1_1280.jpg (1280x963, 417K)

Magnteto > doomddit

Attached: daddy.png (600x916, 572K)

Most likely.
>Bendis has Doom be a dyel instead of a 6 ft 6 powerhouse
Fuck him.

Attached: Muscles.jpg (646x1024, 56K)

>A sperg that talks about himself in the third-person
>Only lost his virginity after college
>The one time he had an opportunity to lose his virginity in college, he bashed the woman because he wanted to lose his virginity with his mom
>"Chad"
Doomfags, everyone.

>gets btfo in every argument so he has to keep being passive aggressive in responses to unrelated posts
Absolutely pathetic. Behold the anti-Doomfag, everyone. And laugh.

Attached: kys.jpg (599x657, 80K)

>le ebin hitler jew

Attached: Memeneto.jpg (689x504, 107K)

>Hey, Doom is a villain. He is a guy that speaks in third-person while he kills people for dumb reasons.
>"HE IS NOT IF YOU IGNORE ALL THE STORIES IN WHICH HE IS A VILLAIN THAN HE ACTUALLY IS A HERO OKAY HAHAHA YOUR ARGUMENTS WERE BTFO AND YOU SHOULD KILL YOURSELF FOR OPPOSING DOOOOOOM!"
Doomfags, everyone.

>desperately hangs on to one story that is literally retconned
Sad.

>Sorry we Doomfags don't like one dimensional edgy villains.
Implying Doom didn't pioneer the trope.

Attached: doom.jpg (500x978, 142K)

movieweb.com/star-wars-darth-vader-ripoff-doctor-doom-jack-kirby/

>Desperately ignoring 50 years of stories in which Doom dedicate his life to ruin people's lives for the dumbest reasons
Sad.

Look, man, it's super-hero comics. There are a lot of heroes out there that aren't despot, child-torturing rapists that dedicate their lives to destroy the lives of people that have never done anything bad to them. ACTUAL heroes, instead of villains wanked by bad writers in a sad attempt to satisfy manchildren whose only happiness in life is screaming DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.

Think about that.

>XXDD i troll you
The last resort of a genuine retard.
>ACTUAL heroes
FOR SURE Reed ''interdimensional gulags'' ''lemme just declare myself the authority of the whole planet with a couple of my mates with no knowledge, let alone consent from anyone'' ''my idea of a utopia is to put most of humanity into the fucking Matrix'' Richards is a paragon.

>Doom's still a filthy gyp who don't pay his bills for a job done to his specifications.
>One of his revamps which is still canon has him rape and sell the soul of his lover to a demon and fused her skin into his mask so he could gain more power.
>What was Civil War leading into House of M where he brainwashed Scarlet Witch into the no more mutants fiasco. Granted Gyps causing annudah shoah of mutants and booty blasting Magneto is cool but only because it's hilariously ironic.
>Going farther back what is Doom being such a mama's boy he gives his mother more babies to sacrifice to Cthon because she's a basic bitch slut for power.
>What is 2010 Doom being such a fucking failure to his ideals that he lets his own country of Latveria fall to shambles so he can angst about his shitty mom.
>What is the absolute cuckery that has befallen Doom since 2011-2012 Marvel Now!

I know I bounced around timelines but Doom has always been a self-serving stereotype of every evil thing a gypsy could and would do.

Attached: Doom puts the Gyp in Gypsy.png (800x395, 490K)

Has Reed dedicated decades of his life to destroy the lives of people that have never done anything against him?

Does Reed kills random citizens to satisfy his own ego?

Is Reed the only hero you can think of? Captain America, Superman, Spider-Man, Batman, Flash, Green Lantern, do they not count, even though each of them at their worst are morally better than Dr. Doom at his best? You literally cannot find a better power fantasy to project yourself onto than Dr. Doom?

Sad.

Fair enough but I was thinking of Superman’s versatility in the modern age moreso

>Does Reed kills random citizens to satisfy his own ego?
Scan of Doom doing this please.
Captain America
An absolute paragon to be true, but also a definition of a Gary Stu.
>Superman
My favorite hero.
>Spider-Man
Marvel's best.
>Batman
He could stop doing everything in his power to save Joker's life when someone decides to kill him.
>Flash, Green Lantern
They're ok.
I don't project myself onto anything, Doom isn't even in my top 3 favorite characters. You, on the other hand, clearly have some issues you need to deal with.