Is this the worst case ever of a character that was written to be sympatethic but ended up being a massive unlikeable...

Is this the worst case ever of a character that was written to be sympatethic but ended up being a massive unlikeable asshole?

Attached: Suyin.png (333x250, 87K)

It definitely didn't help that she forgave Baatar jr instantly for being misled by a authoritarian vagina, while her last line towards Kuvira is basically just spite, despite Suyin's failure as a adoptive mother and then as a leader in the Earth Kingdom led to Kuvira becoming the person she was

Attached: Pabu.png (1920x1080, 2.91M)

Thats where your wrong, friend

Attached: 4ABA0EF8-DF94-4039-AFA3-DB8E5A8EB62B.jpg (474x399, 122K)

Rose is worse

Rose is annoying but holdo was the worst, rey is only slightly worse then her considering how much focus she gets besides being a lifeless bitch with no personality

Attached: Untitled.png (1306x1916, 2.83M)

Rose is eager but incompetent. Not Admiral had a plan but thought the best course of action was to just let everyone around her think she was just marching them to a slow death with the empire at their heels and why? So we can fucking repeat the same heavy handed lesson we already had at the start of the movie

>we need a plan
>ummmmmmmmmmm no sweetie
>we’re gonna run out of gas soon, and our power will go out
>stop mansplaining, flyboy

It’s what happens when one of your creators is a huge Ayn Rand Nutjob.

> Holdo
> Written to be sympathetic

I would have laughed so hard if Finn died in the crash. Just imagine the look on Rose's face if she saw she fragged Finn.

nu-star wars does a really good job showing why allowing women in the military is a huge mistake, no wonder why white male cis scum empire is so much more competent even though they are a bunch of goofy dumbfucks that would be more fitting in a saturday morning cartoon

To be fair, the FO is both hyper-competent & incompetent at the same time. On one hand, it took not a complete technical readout of the battle station nor the shit it took to take down the death star 2 but a janitor's idea to destroy it. The shields being lowered thanks to an incompetent phasma & nobody raising the shields back up is another stupidity. On the other hand, they somehow have the resources to make the starkiller altogether despite being a shadow of the galactic empire. So many resources that the starkiller's destruction didn't seem to slow them down one bit.

Actually i wish they showed the empire more instead of acting like we shouldnt like them at all. The cool factor of the bad guys was one of the biggest draws to star wars, the fact kathleen and the other sequel directors dont get that shows how they dont get the series at all. And DESU i wish we got a cool evil female villain already, i refuse to buy the new battlefront because i was hyped at seeing a female tie fighter pilot but seethed when i found out she becomes just another generic rebel protag like 3 levels in the game.

Also, the first order shouldve just been called the empire still or just the imperial remnant, saying the empire was completely destroyed after one year from ROTJ is fucking stupid.

Attached: B2C9A3E9-3DB5-466B-99A6-BDEA2816CC97.jpg (632x472, 48K)

I have a question for the people who always so vocally dislike Legend of Korra on Sup Forums, what do you think of the disney star wars movies?
Because I liked Legend of Korra, but I can't stand the new star wars trilogy, every scene in it is torture and I think I'm actually done with the franchise after several decades as a fan

What is it about this hairstyle that it makes character's insufferable?

That's one of the biggest mistakes in the new trilogy, the Empire being competent only in off-screen. They didn't even bothered explained how the fuck they raised the Empire after Vader's defeat, instead they told it through a novel that most of the people who watched the movie won't even bother reading

Star Wars needs a female villain desperately, preferably a non force sensitive one who achieves success through charisma and cloak and dagger tactics

Attached: 1513355639286.jpg (1920x1080, 322K)

To be fair both LoK and the SW sequel trilogy makes a lot the same mistakes and I hate both for pretty much the same reason. Like the fact that both Korra and Rey are female characters that are written like male characters that act like total jerks and get away with it just because they have a vagina.

that's what I wanted Phasma to be, well, more stern, jackbooted authoritarian in that case. Instead every time she shows up it's been a limp fart

At least Legend of Korra punished its main character for being impudent and brash, she visibly annoys many of the characters around her, get yelled at by basically every world leader in the setting, and get beaten by the villains several times
The worst thing to happen to Rey is getting captured twice by Kylo Ren, both times having her escape unscratched
Last time Korra got captured she literally got crippled

The worst part is I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't die in the last movie
If not, what the fuck is Finn going to do while Rey fights the edgelord?

>survives a Shredder style trash compacting
>survives being blown out into space
what the fuck is left

that is not korra

Su is the best beifong anons, stop

Exactly, they've already thrown her literally into the trash and now sucked out into space, don't be surprised if she shows up for the third movie and this time gets blown up
You know they would do it

So essentially a female Thrawn?

Hopefully one that doesn't get bested by space whales

She was, shill. It's still too soon for revisionism. In fact, there were deleted scenes of Holdo calling Poe flyboy and diminishing his accomplishments as pilot because the screen tests showed the audience felt good when she died.

I hated LOK because it killed off the main characters through a timeskip and i was anticipating a direct sequel. Ive never seen the show besides prt of the first episode, and i dont even think i finished that because i was so pissed.

Disney star wars angers me because its the same kid friendly unacheiving blandness dosney is known for, always afraid of pushing the envelope as to not offend the soccer moms and wholesome walt faggots who think we need to live in a media nanny state, and because the designs, story, and characters are so horrible that i can go on for days complaining about it. Most of my hatred for feminism stems from them trying to insert themselves into media that wasnt for them to begin with and ruining it by making it into yet another YA chick flick filled with gender politics that clashes with the series.
One of the main issues with the new trilogy overall is that it explains nothing, probably because the writers know they are such bad writers that they cant make up good lore so they dont even try
What pisses me about phasma is i actually was excited for her and for the one good idea for a female character they hardly use her as anything but a joke. Why are they so afraid of showing female characters that are actually interesting?
>the screen tests showed the audience felt good when she died.
And the movie audience of the final cut didnt?

Lin did nothing wrong, where as Suyin was a complete and utter bitch. Yet the creators want us to believe they were somehow both at fault which is stupid.

Attached: b092.jpg (500x500, 41K)

The plot thickens.

Lin kept a grudge for like 40 years just because her face got scratched.

Attached: fuck-you.webm (960x540, 840K)

More like because her sister got away with what ever the fuck she wanted to and was Mommie's favorite because of it.

Lin worked her ass off to do what she thought would make her life the best only to witness her sister run off hooking and robbing and become "no-strings-attached" the leader of a highly competitive city

Lin could have let it go but I don't fault her for holding a grudge either.

Suyin was a cunt and it just became more and more evident as season 4 dragged on until it came back to the same problem as how it was when Suyin was a kid. She (and her family) are allowed to get away with whatever the fuck they want while others can get fucked over for the same crime

That bit where Suyin talked down Kuvira about "paying for her crimes" while she gave her son (who was definitely far worse than Kuvira because his motivation compared to hers was shit) the whole "Oh you'll be fine we will work through this together" talk still pisses me off

Attached: Jack unamused.png (743x545, 420K)

>When you're so bland that you get shown up by a nameless grunt in your own debut movie.

Attached: nope.jpg (453x640, 67K)

>Lin gets to be police chief of a single city that regularly gets its shit kicked in by goddamn everything
>Suyin gets to be god empress of a bullshit metalbending utopia she built from scratch instead of suffering consequences

Suyin was a cunt who got literally everything, Lin was a chronically shat-on universal suck magnet who managed to keep the city intact in spite of everything.

Attached: disapproving_Lesbians.jpg (576x467, 26K)

Meh sometimes you get those shit stories. The one who tries to do good that the world constantly fucks over while the one who gets everything handed to them gets away with everything

Would have been nice is Suyin at least got BTFO at some point. Her son was a shit. While Kuvira was legit trying to fix the Earth Kingdom, the son made a devastating super weapon just to make daddy mad

Man the entire Suyin family pissed me off in S4, I kind of wanted Kuvira to win on that front at least

Lin is the bit that confuses me most in this scenario, she is clearly the one most will sympathise with. We've known her longer, she didn't directly do anything wrong and appear to be the underdog. Yet the show didn't even see the need to justify Suyin's actions while every character turns on Lin. We could have learnt that Suyin was driven by feeling jealous of Lin thinking she was the favourite child, that she had tried to make up for her actions but like Lin is stubborn so couldn't be direct about it or maybe bring in something about her dad.

Instead we get a throwaway Su tried to reach out and Lin should have just forgiven her. Really comes across that whoever wrote that part has some weird issues.

Yeah, I never got this complaint about Korra. Say what you will about the show or her character, but she gets the absolute shit kicked out of her, mind, body and spirit.

to bad she never learn anything from it

I'd also like to remind you that she considered Kuvira like an adoptive daughter(she took her in at a young age), yet the very moment she goes rouge Suyin disowns her. She doesn't even reflect on her parenting skills and where she could have possibly went wrong with both her son and Kuvira.

Korra has a weird cycle to it. Everyone rightly shat on Korra, then a character came to jerk her off, then she fails again but somehow accomplished all her goals.

Yeah that makes the whole Kuvira confrontation even shittier where she gives her son who was far worse than Kuvira with no noble motivation because of blood, but tosses Kuvira aside like she's nothing for wanting to do what she thought was the right thing

>Say what you will about the show or her character, but she gets the absolute shit kicked out of her, mind, body and spirit.
It's meaningless though. If she learned from it and didn't repeat the same mistake again in almost the exact same manner OR if we got to see other people mess up and get chastised for it then it wouldn't be so focused on Korra. There is legitimate blame that can be placed on others in Korra's group but the story constantly puts it on Korra or has her give input that is weird given what she recently experienced.

Cause even that's unsatisfying tbqh.

>Korra will always win at the season finale
>loses her bending at the end of season 1
>it's cool literal plot hole as Aang gives it back, no need to risk any character development or loss of anything
>loses past lives at end of season 2
>that one deus ex machina kid, nobody cares about the past lives tbqh, besides it's all Rava now, no change to avatar state functionality, also Korra does something insanely stupid
>she got crippled at the end of season 3
>she gets better lol, including Toph literally saying "did you actually try to get all of the poison out, idiot?" and doing it for her
>by the end of season 4 it feels like Kuvira just gave up instead of shelling the city at range or anything, Korra spews utter nonsense, still the same awful character

Consequences without any actual bite are pretty stupid too. It's also really weird for Korra and co to job constantly until the script demands they get a usually unearned win.

>to bad she never learn anything from it

>Fighting is something the old me would do. That always made things worse. Let me talk with Kuvira.
And in the end, she did talk her down. And she's probably the only good guy that feels sympathetic for Kuvira.

Every OTHER character in that show?

She's a completely different character by the end of the show. Not sure what everyone is on about. That's the one thing LOK did right.

am I the only one that wasn't dissapointed with Phasma? I never expect her to be more than a random goon but apparently everyone thought she was suppose to be the spiritual sucessor of Boba Fett, even though her armor's design is much more boring and unispired than his

yeah, she turns gay

Both look almost the same.

You forgot to mention the fucking FOUR seasons of character regression it took to even get there. The fact it took so long just for that marginal development, only for it to be forgotten once again in the comic, just shows how bad of a character she is.

To explain plasma is simple what did bobba fett do in the ot? Not extended material just the 3 films, die in a goofy way and look bad ass

What’s phasma do, same shit they clearly saw what made bobba work and tried doing the exact same thing

At least Fett actually accomplishes something by tracking the Falcon to Bespin

>Rose is eager but incompetent.
Let's not sell the poor girl short, she's the Wheatley of incompetent female characters. Her incompetence is the end result of the greatest feminist minds of a generation collaborating to create the perfect Mary Sue.

Attached: wheatley.jpg (150x171, 8K)

>Su breaks a truce and takes her youngest children to help abduct or assassinate Kuvira
>she's supposed to be a hero
Yikes

Turns out scarring someone for life leaves them bitter, who knew?

maybe it a combination of mystery and expectation
Bobba was just a cool looking guy in the background.
Phasma, on the other hand, was straight told to us she was going to be a new bobba fett. so already that doesn't help her

Yeah, it's like the writers completely forgot that Kuvira was Su's adopted daughter. Their interactions never reflect this though.

But what’s he really remembered for his design and getting killed by the sarlac phasma is the same she was made to look cool and die I doubt she will come back in IX as they failed to recreate bobba fett with her twice even jango at least tried something new

Did you miss Disney themselves saying she was the new bobba fett how the actress compared herself to bobba or anything pre release they always intended her to be the new bobba

Rose and Rey are the perfect examples of what you can expect from PC-pandering writing, you will always get either an utterly failed character that can't even tie her own shoes without screwing up everything or an utterly perfect character that is the messiah incarnated

I try to ignore this kind of thing to not get spoilers, sorry

The Last Jedi makes every mistake Korra (and the end of Homestuck) made, but inexplicably worse somehow. Like, they all seem to stem from the same creative pool of “it’s supposed to suck that’s the point” and “don’t think about it too hard it’s all fantasy anyways” and especially “narrative satisfaction is for fucking losers on the internet, as long as your favorite ship wind up happy who cares how you got from point a to point b”.

They also happen to share elements of pushed social issues, but that’s more tangental to the real problems with all three. If this is a sign for the next 5-10 years of fiction we are in deep shit.

Haven’t seen the rest of Korra, I know who she is but I don’t know why she’s a bitch. Can someone explain?

That’s exactly it phasma was forced in to bobba a role because Disney said so, she was not organically put into the situation, you can not force a bobba fett

Boba Fett looked cool, actually did something, and had Vader personally single him out ("No disintegrations!"), implying a bit more about the kind of bounty hunter he was even if we didn't get to see it.

Phasma looked cool, but did nothing and then bitched out spectacularly under the slightest bit of duress before being unceremoniously thrown in the trash. At that point it didn't matter what she did in the next movie, she was already salvageable as a fan favorite.

Attached: Phasma trashed.png (878x900, 464K)

I want to ____ that granny.

*unsalvageable

I didn't find her particularly written to be sympathetic and I don't dislike her.

>Korra tells Suyin to just chill the fuck out and not start shit while she tries to calm things down
>Suyin agrees
>Suying immediately goes to assassinate Kuvira and two of her kids come along
>Gets butthurt when she fails and everyone has to bail her ass out again. Acts all high and mighty because Kuvira imprisoned the people who literally just tried to kill her in her sleep

Suyin should have suffered some comeuppance at that season. Maybe have her husband or one of her kids die

Attached: Unamused rainy.gif (500x264, 700K)

Your missing the whole point it was an attempt to make a bobba artificially that’s all

They made her a unique tall chrome storm trooper that only has a few lines, but they had to keep saying how she will be this generations bobba fett

She'll turn over to the rebels and redeem herself

Attached: 1520054028054.gif (320x240, 436K)

It was pretty obvious one of the writers was indulging a self-insert fantasy and didn't really think about how it would look from anyone else's perspective

That was what they were already doing in AtLA. Aang, the vegan pacifist who gets the girl and has the world come out of retirement to tell him he's a good boy, that was Mike. Adult Aang even has the chinstrap that Mike was sporting in season 1 of LoK.

>Who cares if I wronged you personally and never made amends!? IT WAS LIKE 40 YEARS AGO, I HAVE A FAMILY, I DON'T CARE ABOUT WHAT I DID TO YOU! I'M BUSY!

And they made it so this was somehow the right answer too lololol

Bryke can't write for shit, they are just terrible. I'm glad their projects have been failing to get off the ground since Korra.

Why did he have to die bros?

>I have an idea, what if I retcon how hyperdrive work and sacrifice myself!

I think both are great examples of how to tie a beloved franchise to the back of a truck & drag them to death
people started hating Korra in book one, but despised it in book 2
the fantards loved TFA but are split almost down the middle for TLJ

she could get thrown into a black hole

>Mary Su
ftfy

He'll be back in the next movie with a charred breastplate and two of those stun batons, just you wait.

Attached: Ending to Episode 9.png (948x540, 692K)

That's pretty much who Grand Admiral Sloane is in the new canon, so yeah. She even founded the First Order, but was probably assassinated by Hux.

>face irreparably scarred
>you have to look at it in the mirror every morning
>your mom loses her job (and income) because of her
>both of them leave your life
>your family's name forever tarnished

TFA is watered down ANH
TLJ is piss in milk DRINK UP

I consider myself a good person but Rian Johnson has forced me to wish for his death so he doesn't make that new trilogy. It's the only left in my power to do.

good post
>and the end of Homestuck
>“narrative satisfaction is for fucking losers on the internet, as long as your favorite ship wind up happy who cares how you got from point a to point b”.
Yep nailed it. 100%

Attached: 1376870552420.png (436x323, 265K)

kinda reminds me of that shitty RWBY season finale where Yang lost her arm, but it doesn't matter because automail

it's easy to miss when in the first 3 seasons she's such a fucking bitch

Huh. I remember when the hot thing was to compare LoK to the prequels.
Funny how things evolve.

Attached: 1521585510553.gif (500x365, 197K)

Too close to home? What was your family the richest in the country like the Bei Fong name was? Toph could just coast on her funds but became Chief of police because.

>I never expect her to be more than a random goon
but then why does she have a distinctive costume? If she were in white armor she's come off as another goon but she's got the chrome and the cape.

Evolve or Devolve?
we live in troubled times friend
arm yourselves with knowledge

You forgot to say that Aang is bald literally because Mike is bald.

"Evolve" isn't inherently positive. Things can evolve badly, that doesn't mean they're devolving.
See: pandas.

sequels are far more accurate
at least the prequels tried something different
Korra is almost entirely a watered down AtLA

I legitimately forgot about that
doesn't help that Toph never really acts like she's from an upperclass family in Avatar

>“narrative satisfaction is for fucking losers on the internet, as long as your favorite ship wind up happy who cares how you got from point a to point b”.
Is it intentional that this applies to the end of AtlA too?

Did Toph end up with her family's money? She certainly didn't seem to give a shit about them in AtlA, but she was 12.