Help me pick a character design...

>Help me pick a character design. She’s a gal in her 20’s and shares a small apartment with her roommate Barry and their cat. #characterdesign #Illustration #girl #cartoon
twitter.com/darrudamassa/status/976919278338355201

Whaddaya think, Sup Forums?

Attached: DY625SOWkAEDdyM.jpg large.jpg (1920x1080, 104K)

C, A looks like a crazy cat lady, B looks like a old lady, C seems fitting enough

Can we fuck off with these kinds of characters forever?

The choice seems so incredibly obvious that this thread makes me a little bit angry

>no giant tits
what the shit?

Definitely C. Looks the chillest

I dunno, C seems a little boring to me. Like, a little too typical.

B is the best for a cartoon. C is a decent design but looks too smug and hipster for my tastes and could also benefit from being in a different Style. A could work for, say, the character's grandma, mother, or aunt.

I think the creator is asking this because A is his original design that he's had established for a while and the other two are much more recent and doesn't have a significant enough detachment yet to make an objective call
I agree, C is the most appealing but it's lacking in distinctiveness

My main beef with B is that she looks both like a boy and a Loud House reject

>Implying that reverse traps aren't great
I don't see where you're getting TLH part from though.

>le slice of life nerdy cal arts girl wearing a sweater and long noodle arm shit
How about no.

C > B > A

I like B the most but it seems to look too much like Velma. going to have to go with C like most other people here.

Someone should lewd all three so I can properly decide

A: dumb
B: dull
C: tumblr nerd culture poser

C is best looking, but she's probably the worst pick because she looks like a cute girl who only dresses nerdy, like someone from a boring slice of life webcomic or a cliched 90's romantic comedy. Her design is also too busy and unmemorable, the other two are much better design-wise.

Safest choice is B, but she looks pretty generic and doesn't catch the eye. She looks like "Beth, the friendly neighbor and MC bowl dark horse, who appears now and again for short scenes".

A has more character, but looks annoying as fuck and it's dangerous to have someone like her as a main character because people might instantly say nope and leave before they get a chance to get to know her. She looks a lot more as some annoying character that the main character has to deal with sometimes.

TL; DR: B > C > A if comic; B > A > C if cartoon.

I like C the most

>design is "busy" for having a slightly above bare-minimum amount of detail
Do you feel this way about older animation designs? Y'know, back when they were semi-realistic?
I think a mix of C and A would be interesting to see, like C's cuteness but with A's dorkiness. I really don't much care for B

I prefer C, but then again I generally prefer designs that have longer hair anyway

C, but the jacket should be changed to green since the beige is a little too plain, or maybe orange to make it pop and to go with the blue undershirt/jeans.

>Needing to poll the MC design
>Expecting to make an entire show with a bare minimum of two dozen designs from background and secondary characters alone.
Wew.

Here, now you can send it to Korea.

Attached: not a redhead with green top.png (374x672, 161K)

that's actually kind of nice if it were animated with OK KO levels of expression, looks more legit nerdy than the original design too

Change the concept from roommates and make it about triplets and use all the design

>A looks like a crazy cat lady
She's a single lady in her 20s with a cat and what I presume is a gay roommate so it sounds the most fitting.

Go with C, also nice dubs

>semi realistic
Exactly. That style is not semi-realistic and isn't suited for detailed character designs. It pretty much defeats the point of even designing the character in the "easily reproducible in Korea" AKA "Calarts" style.

bamp

This one or keep working at it. All these designs alone aren't really appealing for good "relatable" comics

Good idea dude.

Someone should actually tweet this at him

b or c

C
no question, no contest, It's C

this is a winner

A looks like some annoying person that bugs a superhero wanting to be their sidekick

I like 2's face but 3's design

B

B. with C's hair.

C looks the best and not too tryhard.

You just combined the style.

Attached: 1521753549675.jpg (369x737, 34K)

Make one with A's body, C's face, and B's hair.

I like this one

If I had to pick between the three, I'd choose B because A is ugly and C looks like she'd be an insufferable character. Even then, I'd continue to improve on it because she looks like a run-of-the-mill, quirky cartoon character and it just doesn't draw me in personally. That'd include adding a teensy bit more detail to add visual interest and finesse, and maybe change her proportions to make her look 20 cuz I thought she was a child at first glance.

This is better than I’d expect it to be

While we still at it

Attached: 1521753549675.png (500x750, 179K)

It’s really good, but she does still look 12

My penis is already in my hand.

Attached: Untitled-2.jpg (401x664, 13K)

Try and get the vibe of B on the look of C.
Like, C dresses the most like a non-background character, but also comes off like generic chill girl.

B has an underwhelming design, but it's got this cartoonish vibe of personality coming off of it.

Now this guy knows what is up

Living as a roomate with a guy and his cat is not a personality trait.

The best way to choose a design for your character is to define their personality first, especially if it's meant to be cartoony.

Attached: 1480622907033.png (1100x1142, 471K)

C was the cutest to draw.

Attached: CEN123.png (936x802, 68K)

Now these are the kind of quality contributions I eagerly desire from my Sup Forums browsing experience
link where

Attached: 1511577706103.png (354x480, 161K)

btw this is apparently more art relating to this though I think the concept is being further refined

Attached: DXtnSfuWsAI5UB5.jpg large.jpg (1024x722, 53K)

C with B's hair

awww right

C, but with the green sweater.

It's ridiculous how much better these look.

eeeeeyup

Well done. And yeah C is the best.

B is the easiest to make expressive since all of her shapes are very clean. C is very appealing but will be harder to draw over and over since she has more layers. A is meh. The different expressions you've given them make them seem more like different ideas than iterations of the same character you're trying to build.

A: stylized glasses look ugly
B: looks like a middle-schooler
C: bland but acceptable

First I would suggest not making a character based on yourself

Pretty sure her friends, or more likely the cat, call her Jena because Jenerica is too long

The artist is a Dutch man

>left
Looks like a special needs 12yo
>middle
looks male and also slightly retarded
>right
looks straight out of tumblr

B

C with B's mouth and freckles