Google announces 'YouTube TV'

Goodnight, cable TV.

tv.youtube.com/

youtube.googleblog.com/2017/02/finally-live-tv-made-for-you.html

>Live TV streaming from ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, ESPN, regional sports networks and dozens of popular cable networks.
>A cloud DVR, with no storage limits.
>Watch YouTube TV on any screen—mobile, tablet or computer—and you can easily stream to your TV with a Google Chromecast or Chromecast built-in TV
>YouTube Red Originals

the good news is that it just got incredibly easy to find HD streams of all US TV Channels for free

thanks google : ^)

>Goodnight, cable TV.

Who even watches television? I haven't turned on mine since 2005 or 2008 I think. If there are still people watching actual television content, they won't be changing that for this meme because it's more convenient the way they're already doing it. This tech is doomed to fail.

this will totally win back all those cord cutters.

Another tv-like service that costs as much as cable.

people who watch sports. there's no good way to watch hd sports without paying a cable company for it

>DVR
i remember those, never got one

went directly from VHS to internet downloads

>watching sports live
>not just watching the 2 minute long highlight video the day after

Here come the enlightened individuals who don't watch TV but have an expert opinion on the market and how this product will fair...

>the iPad is just a bigger iPod so dum
>why would anyone want a computer IN THEIR HOME?

It'll catch on because it's Google.

That aside, this could be an attempt to force the net neutrality debate back into the public eye. This will be a service that uses a LOT of data and it'll compete directly with cable. If net neutrality is gutted, youtube tv will be the first thing to be throttled to hell and back.

>It'll catch on because it's Google.

Just like Google Plus and Google Fiber right? Those ones catched on greatly!

that's nothing like watching the real game live you stupid fucking nerd

I still watch cable TV regularly, even when I'm on my PC (since my TV is slightly to my right.) I doubt many people will fall for this.

I don't get it, Google is BTFOing networks by paying them to stream their content?

Google fiber is still getting deployed. Just because you live in a city of 200 and your sister is your wife doesn't mean the civilized parts of America aren't getting it.

>paying to watch trash

>$35/mo
I'll give you 10 bucks. Take it or leave it.

35 a month for fta channels

oy fucking vey!

Not him, but its missing in a few more places than just Hicktown USA.

Has a lot more merrit and potential than fucking Google Plus though.

It's in/being developed in a lot metropolitan areas. It's unfair to say it's dead, it just takes a ton of time and money to build up that infrastructure, especially when the Jews at Comcast block you every chance they get.

>Google fiber is still getting deployed

Nigger they canceled it like 8 months ago. They will build the missing parts with copper because it was too expensive. Of course they will still call it Google Fiber so retards like you fall for it.

full retard much

Sorry you guys in mobile alabama aren't going to get it, we have it here in Irvine and MAN, 1gbps is nice!

>we have copper speed where I live and the service has "fiber" in the name, therefore it's great

It must be comfy being this retarded.

wut. im at stanford uni and i have 3 TB/s, stop using DSL fag

>nyc never ever

Is this capable of hurting Comcast? Streaming TV means wireless internet providers can offer the same stuff as cable companies.

How else are people going to watch CNN or FOX all day?

If I did ever go off the grid, I would get one of those antennas. About 50 basic cable channels, it's all you need.

All I watch are shitty childrens cartoons I jack off to in Sup Forums and /trash/, and "Super Store".

I think I can manage without.

nice

NYC would cost more than all other fiber cities combined to wire. too complicated, building deals etc.

ma mahn just run the cables through all the subways itll be fine.

>sits through 30 minutes of sports and 150 minutes of commercials
>just to watch people throw a ball at each other
>calls other people nerds

>youtube red originals

This is a selling point?

>PS Vue
>lowest tier at $30, but has all the shit I bother watching anyway
>can also stream to TV with Chromecast
>also has cloud DVR

>If I did ever go off the grid, I would get one of those antennas. About 50 basic cable channels, it's all you need.

I have 8 tuners hooked up to a WMC computer and an xbox 360 for every TV, works flawlessly

You can be pretty sure Comcast's Pajeet who is the chairman of the FCC will destroy this as soon as it starts actually hurting (((them)))

Or yall can just get kodi and download the no magic limits build on it! Just saying ;)

in NY it would be wireless via Webpass, though their rollout in Boston has been slow

who even watches sports what a stupid waste of time and money

>who watches sports
People who don't sit around all day posting underage anime faces on obscure image boards, apparently.

>promo pictures all imply I absolutely must watch some kind of niggerball or niggersports

>nigger nigger nigger nigger

you fucking cucks

better than watching little asian cartoon girls

they could've done this countless times already, yet here we are, youtube is 10 years and they're didn't even launch that thing yet.
CLEARLY people don't want to stream TV on youtube, they just want to watch what they like

that's illegal you criminal retard

>Sup Forums
>caring about legality

wew lad, spotted reddit.

No thanks. I rather give my money to the ones who are hurting the kikes

Cool. Really not much cheaper than a cable tv packaged with your interet on promo.

For free?

As long as the packets are bounced off a server in France yes :^)

Honestly if I can get a couple other people to kick in on a subscription I might get it.

I have and share Netflix, Amazon Prime, HBO Go, YouTube Red, and Google Music. A cable package with DVR would be more convenient than torrenting basic cable shows (Mr. Normie etc)

there are always a few live streams of cnn and fox news feeds on yt around the clock.
I guess those are going to be clamp down soon.