HomePod

>automatic room analysis using the beam forming six microphone array
>automatic and dynamic equalization based on the data gathered from the arrival times and spectra of the mic array
>seven beam forming tweeters for directional or omnidirectional response
>4" woofer with 20mm peak to peak excursion(!!)
>individual amplification for each transducer(a necessity for the DSP)

basically a full range point source, auto-calibrating loudspeaker for wireless play. lads this is fucking amazing. hopefully this will boost the utterly stagnant consumer audio industry and cause an influx of competitive products and technologies on the market.

Other urls found in this thread:

apple.com/ios/home/
youtube.com/watch?v=4nbhfrQfRRE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I can't think of use for a voice assistant. I mean, everything I can say with my voice, I can type on my keyboard, and only I know what I type, where's everybody around me hears what I say and I don't feel comfortable with that. Also all that room analysis and listening all the time sounds like spying device. AI assistants are cool if they know only what you want them to know, and I don't want Amazon, Google or Apple to listen all the time what I do in my room.

Listening to "Hey Siri" is local. Anything after is encrypted and handled online. Also, if you don't wan't to use it as a Voice Assistant you can still use it as a cheap-ish wireless music installation, with decent quality.

For this price you could get a bunch of BT speakers. Why would I believe them that they listen 'locally', will they release the source of its firmware? And how do you know if there is no backdoor for NSA/CIA so they could listen whenever they want?

A decent big Bluetooth speaker, with enough volume, that doesn't make the music sound like crap when it's turned up, isn't cheap.
When these things will be out, and there'll be another shooting in the US somewhere, by someone who owned a HomePod, the FBI will come knocking on Apple's door again asking for logs, but Apple won't be able to provide any.

For $350 you could buy entry level active monitors and a bt 4.0 adapter with apt-x. If you think that this trashcan is going to replace any decent audio setup, then you must be deaf.

And how do you do room response correction?

Looking at the price tag is pointless. Comparisons to systems build from dedicated budget parts is stupid as they do not add up to the same product. Value is entirely subjective and this isn't a price to performance competition on your individual criteria(sound quality quantified somehow?) in the first place.

This is isn't aimed at audiophiles. It's not going to be the end all of fidelity. Technology implemented is very impressive but everyone here gets an autism aneurysm because Apple did it and "botnet". Fuck technology.

Not that guy, but this will just be some expensive over-engineered speaking trashcan.

Except the technology implemented is very impressive and woofer motor is unheard-of. It's an example of modern loudspeaker design which minimizes room response: the largest source of coloration. It's the only product beyond BeoLab 90 which does it automatically in a single product. As far as I know it's the second product ever to utilize beam steering to control the HF response.

What are you gonna say to Siri that you won't type here? Because google saves every post you make with your captcha

Because you'll probably pick out a bunch of shitty bt speakers that don't work together well.

Do you have on your phone...
Voice assistants
Location services
Gps
Predictive text
Email
Any services requiring sign-in

Your life is already being tracked and documented.

Home pod and BeoLab 90 are like toy car vs Ferrari, BeoLab 90 is magnitud order better.

We've passed the post-keynote flummox and denial stages. Sup Forums is now transitioning into rage.

More like overpriced underengineered trashcan, masquerading as an over engineered, overpriced trashcan.

Apple please stop sending us paid shills, we already have too many shills here.

oh great now macfags will become even more insufferable then audifags

What happened to you /g?

Obviously if you measure that by various sound quality factors. That wasn't the point. It's that this device does the exact same stuff with DSP.

>I can't think of use for a voice assistant.

Home automation.

apple.com/ios/home/

youtube.com/watch?v=4nbhfrQfRRE

this isn't shiling.

>then

what do you mean?

>no stereo
>tiny 4" woofer

stereo is possible if you have two. im expecting woofer tuning to go down to ~50-55 hz but lacking in absolute spl, perhaps around 90 db. can't have it all in a tiny size but if this makes the best out of that ridiculous motor, it's going to sound surprisingly low and loud.

>even buying two
the absolute mad man

im sure those people exist, it's apple. the target audience probably isn't exactly well versed in stereophonic sound so i doubt they care.