Help a retardo out

Help a retardo out
>wants to learn C#
>was following this for several videos mva.microsoft.com/en-us/training-courses/c-fundamentals-for-absolute-beginners-16169?l=Lvld4EQIC_2706218949
>I get bored with videos
Where is the equivalent documentation of this?
Don't recommend me some outdated ass book. Is their a site that is text not videos and up to date?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/
youtube.com/watch?v=vTIIMJ9tUc8
robmiles.com/s/CSharp-Book-2016-Rob-Miles-82.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>C#
It's called .net: docs.microsoft.com/en-us/

No it isn't. .net is not C# nor is it C# exclusive

C# if for Microsoft cock suckers. Just learn a real language like Rust or Ruby.

> Recommending a meme and a scripting language
Also remember MINASWAN

Honestly just get a book. C# is developed at such a glacial pace that you don't have to worry about it being outdated.
It's also a boring and proprietary language so there's probably not many good online resources other than Microsoft's.

I want to be employed first and then I can you join you boys with the meme languages

Learn Java instead, same shit but without suck ms cock and u can use openjdk anyway.

books are the best, period.

yeah suck oracles cock instead, they are much better.

Wtf is openjdk?

It's an open-source Java compiler.

A better reason to learn Java first is a lot of good and easily pirate-able textbooks are written for it (e.g. search filetype:pdf MIT Introduction to Algorithms) and you have a greater variety of tools available. I recommend DrJava to start with.

C# is literally the same language but with the additional black hole that is .NET so it doesn't really matter either way.

Thank you

>t. Pajeet
C# has been a better language since 2.0, and .net is a better everything since Roslyn and .net standard/core. The team behind .net and C# has been kicking ass.

First you need to learn programming.
Get qbasic, fuck around with it until you actually know how to variables and ifs etc to do the shit you want, THEN you learn a real language.

>wants to learn
>gets bored
Just give up now

Java has more resources for beginners than C# because it's the first language taught by most American universities, and because it has a simpler ecosystem. Java is also more platform and IDE agnostic.

Perhaps this video will convince you:
youtube.com/watch?v=vTIIMJ9tUc8

I don't blame him for getting bored of MS videos.

.net is .net framework. framework

I already know about variables and ifs on C# though. Just rather read then watch Bob Tabor

wrong video lol

Can you do things with it? knowing they exist is the easy part, the hard is being able to assemble a program with the legos.

>same shit
Lol no

C# is lightyears ahead of Java

This is good:

robmiles.com/s/CSharp-Book-2016-Rob-Miles-82.pdf

> >t. Pajeet
;)

it's the same shit

Go to the Genesis Library and download a book

That shit isn't even truly cross-platform.

Why botter to learn that if ur not a ms fanboy?

Because it's actually a great language.

u can use kotlin if u like the lang itself and not be tied to ms ecosystem.

I would give a try to C# again (since I studied it 2 years in my university) but I don't have a windows machine right now and is very limited (IMHO mostly useless) outside ms ecosystem.

>real pr
>ruby
>rust

YouTube. Accept the fact that many tutorialists are Indian.

> mostly useless
>mfw most desktop computers and laptops in the world run windows
>not targeting the largest use base to ever exist

I said mostly useless outside of ms ecosystem, platform or whatever u like to call it not all the framework itself. I was talking more about . net core.

You can target to ms with Java too and work in the same level, with the same tools that windows...

>Simpler ecosystem
Ohh boy. Java's built in libraries is an absolute clusterfuck by itself. Hell, just the time libs are a disgusting mess of pitfalls. Amd does Oracle even have anything on the level of comfy that nuget is?

It is though. You can dev and deploy .net core on Linux and OSX since last year. It works pretty well and asp on core is amazing.

Yep, I have tried it and certainly is good but not for desktop apps which is my main interest.

>help a retardo do his homework

You obviously haven't tried it recently, I've never had a problem compiling or running anything that's been built on a windows computer.

The default GUI looks like garbage for winforms, but its functional

>C#
learn python and C++ instead

Core doesn't have a cross platform gui framework yet, but nothing is stopping you from using QT with it, or doing a client/server thing and having the gui just handle the view.

Long term, I expect Xamarin to end up as a core add-on.

why not just python and c