1080 is dead

guru3d.com/news-story/geforce-gtx-1070-ti-specs-and-details-based-on-gp104-300.html
>128 less shaders compared to 1080
>virtually same clock
>~$400
congratulations, you have a dead overpriced card now

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/10325/the-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-and-1070-founders-edition-review
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Guru3d spellcheck their articles yet?

savage

Kind of a dramatic takeaway, OP. Not to say Nvidia wouldn't shit on its own customers, but I doubt there won't be a place for the 1080 anymore.

So clock speeds on Pascal mean jack shit.

And the 1070ti will still have slower memory and a smaller buss.
I expect the 1080 to see a price cut again

you probably dont remeber when shit nvidia did with the 7xx series eh

suddenly 290x comes out of nowhere destroying their precious 780 at ease
then 2 months later out of blue the first high end Ti variant of nvidia came to be the 780ti on which it was 5% faster for 60% more money

>256 bit on GP104
>smaller bus

You went full retard

$400

no, not in todays gpu market

That's what technological progress is. Better products are released all the time deprecating old ones. I bought a 1080 when it came out. At the time it obliterated the pathetic competition from AMD. Ive gotten good use out of it. I don't feel bad that a better product has been released. This is good for consumers. They are getting a better deal. AMDead on the other hand releases broken overpriced garbage which dont even compete. Truly Nvidia is the better choice :).

You need to wipe the lube off those glasses and look at the numbers again. Theres a lot of differences. Plus 1080 has been out for quite a while now.

so what you're saying is there was still a place in the market for the og 780?

The GTX 1080 has a 320bit bus.
The 1070's slower ddr5 will make it preform lower.

yeah all those guys who bought the card 2 years ago should have waited just to buy it similarly specced
they got fucking btfo wow

Are you fucking retarded?

GTX 1080 is 256bit memory

GP104 only has 256bit memory bus

anandtech.com/show/10325/the-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-and-1070-founders-edition-review

>Wanted to buy 1080
>Decided to wait a couple of months to see if Vega prices went down and the drivers came out
>1070ti announced
>It's this good

Welp, I know what I'm getting. Thank you based Nvidia.

>'There will be not 1070Ti' they said.

I told you faggots Nvidia will release a Ti version and you would not listen. Nvidia need to keep releasing product in a bi-yearly fashion. Even if it's just a tweaked product from 1 year ago. They need to keep the mindshare flowing. Also to rub AMD's face in it. Let's face it Vega is a dud for gaming. (This coming from an RX Vega 56 owner who is pretty happy with the performance I get for the price I paid but I make no excuses for how it is on price to performance ratio right now. the only reason I got it was because I got it for stand alone MSRP and because I am Freesync bound. I am still hopeful for driver optimizations though).

Fuck it. I stepped up to a 1080ti when they were cheap.

Get ready for GTX 1090 refresh that gives same performance at GTX 1080 prices in a few months.

I'd be an idiot to say I even give a shit.

I'm done with pc part manufactures constantly trying to one up their own products and fuck over their customers in the process.

will mining fags eat this shit up?

God damn it nVidia, add FreeSync support and you win the GPU wars instantly.

Are you suggesting that nvidia not overcharge for their proprietary technology?

There won't be any dual GPU cards in the future. If you need monstrous performance you buy Tis.

depends on the memory, if it's gddr5x they won't

5 GameWorks coins have been deposited to your GeForce Experience account.

It doesn't have 320-bit, GP104 has 256-bit maximum but the 1080 uses GDDR5X.

this. though I guess it's good news for tards that wait to buy hardware (like just go with AMD losers)

they've owned a great for 2 years though
I don't really understand this point of view

At least they should allow their cards to utilize Vesa adaptive sync up to 75hz.
There's a reason they still charge extra for G-Sync in the high end currently, but there's no excuse for effectively barring anyone with a reasonable budget from adaptive sync (unless you want a 350$ 1080p TN)

>Nvidia
>Current year

You guys never learn

>implying people have options outside of JUST WAIT

The 1080 is a two year old card..retard.

>He doesn't use Ryzen and Pascal

>The 1080 is a two year old card
>16 months is two years

Stay in school, kids.

It has GDDR5X, which is shit for mining

Praise Jesus. Now to see if AMD gets their drivers together for Vega 56 AIBs and we have a Christmas showdown for my wallet

Will GDDR5 bottleneck 1070ti?

> got a GTX1060 more than one year ago
> it's still unmatched in its price range

Probably.

You forgot that uses GDDR5 which lives it bandwidth-straved like any of the aggressively OC 1070s.

Nvidia just wants to clear out its "good" GP104 inventory for Volta and there's not enough GDDR5X chips. 1070Ti is the result.

The 1080 has been out for over a year, so people who bought one probably got some decent enjoyment out of it. Also the 1080 was a good buy since prices weren't inflated like the 1070. I don't get this post.

I guess it will still be around 10 to 15 % slower than the 1080.

You can get an RX 580 for the same $300

Yes, we already see this with OC'ing the 1070.

yes just wait for 16 months, and before you buy the 1070Ti, wait for even more months because whatever is released then will be better
and just wait wait wait and preferably just never buy anything and keep your 9800

It's not better.

It is better.

meh, coin fags will drive the price through the roof anyway.

Pascal is already dying, they are now selling out stocks.

Soon every nvidia GPU will have a Ti version and a half-sized-ram version to further make people confused

It's all part of their marketing scheme to make normies pick them over competitors by having too many choices

Thank god now I feel a little less salty about my recent 1080 purchase

When will they mass invite reviewers, influencers and tech press to some meme launch event?

I remember the 1000 series with them doing redneck shit in Texas and the 900 series in Commiefornia.

>yet another slightly less gimped version of pascal
>(((nvidia))) cucks cheer as they're being drip fed

They will probably announce it as GTC Europe.
And this is a meme learning event.

Reminder that 1070ti is bottlenecked by gddr5

They're basically the same performance-wise with a couples frames going one way or the other depending on the game

>10 to 15 % slower than the 1080.
that's normal 1070, user
Ti going to be 5% slower at worst, pascal is very good with it's SMs

normal 1070 is a lot worse

>Soon

Underage please go.

>soon
Someone should post G92 rebrands.

>Nvidia cucks happy to buy a midrange card like the 1080 or 1070ti

>Nvidia's midrange is AMD's ultra high end

>source: my ass
sure

I'm placing my order for a Vega 64 right now

>Reminder that 1070ti is bottlenecked by gddr5
show me the tests

It's a shame Nvidia is the only option now

A NEW CARD IS BETTER THAN A 1.5 YEAR OLDER CARD! WE ARE SHOCKED!

More news at 10.

>A NEW CARD IS BETTER THAN A 1.5 YEAR OLDER CARD! WE ARE SHOCKED!
>More news at 10.
*looks at nv30*

>Nvidia tanks their performance with driver updates while AMD makes constant improvements

>Things that didn't happen: the post

>AMD's "improvements" eventually edge it 5% past the competing Nvidia card three years down the line
>whilst using twice the power
>Nvidia have released two whole new product ranges since then and left it in the dust

are the partner cards out?

No.

>paying high end card prices for a mid range card

Don't expect partner cards till November.

PAJEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

Yes but it lacks memory bandwith.
Its around 25 %, unless on stock clocks. Every custom card runs around 2000 MHz. Stock 1080s have a higher base and boost clock, thats why they are slightly better.

In the real world there isn't much difference from 1070 to 1080, 25 % is just a number and if you have 30 FPS thats 37.5 FPS. It will seem a bit better but its still choppy. At least in 4k you want a Ti.

Actually you should be screaming CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPLEEEEEEEE.

Sooo are they just going to slap 1080 aftermarket coolers on 1070ti?

I can already see msi's take on it

Actually the 1080 is 25% better than the 1070.
Normally the ti version is 10-15% lower.

>nvidia stops optimizing old cards for new games
>gimping
>amd has drivers that are so bad that it takes several years of updates for the real performance of the card to be seen
>AMD IS OUR SAVIOR

Or even
>AMD intentionally gimps their GPUs on release and only allows their costumers to use them properly 6+ months later
This sounds as legit as the idea that Nvidia "gimps" their cards anyway.

>AMD 3% slower for first 6 months
>AMD 10-15% faster for later 3 years

math is so hard, what is better? I can't decide

;^)

>some people think exclusion to the rule is not confirmation of the rule

>two and a half years later
>Fury X still utterly BTFO by the 980 Ti

The d-drivers are coming though, r-right...?

>some people buy AMD graphics cards

When is this even true? The Fury X never completely beat the 980Ti despite people saying it would age better when it was released. The 390 was better than the 970, yes, but it was released later and it was more expensive as well. 390X isn't better than the 980, although to be fair nobody ever runs benchmarks on it because no one bought it. 480/580 trade blows with 1060, it's still up to the game.

Fury X itself was a joke, even an unlocked Fury could nearly match it.

Fury was double Tonga.
Vega is Vega.

>3%
you are actually retarded right?
if it is actually true that after 3 years it is 10-15% faster
then it is an undeniable fact that amd had a card that was 10-15% weaker because amd gimped their drivers
would you call nvidia the savior if they gimped their cards to 90% of the performance and then over the next three years they remove the gimping?

It's a semi-meme due to Kepler not receiving a lot of optimization compared to AMD cards later down the road, though it's mostly because Nvidia actually made new tech and optimized primarily for it, while AMD stuck to rebrandeons and literally made nothing new in the range of the 290 up until Vega.

>while AMD stuck to rebrandeons and literally made nothing new in the range of the 290 up until Vega
>what is Tonga and Polaris
?

Oh yeah I loved the RX490, great card breh.

>there MUST be a halo offering, goy
>buy it goy

I've always thought the FineWine meme was an indictment of AMD as well. It just means they have good hardware but absolutely shit tier drivers that take ages to catch up to Nvidia. What's funny is Sup Forums was trying to convince people that AMD's drivers were as good as Nvidia now, that the no drivers meme was dead, and then they literally go and launch Vega with no drivers. It performs like a fucking overclocked Fury X. AMD's software support is abysmal.

Not bad. Palit is a shit brand but for that price...
Fury was already shit on release.
>600 €+
>Hot and consuming
>Not overclockable
>4 GB VRAM
A 580 can compete with a Fury X, its only 30 % slower.

>if I write "goy" it somehow magically alters the past and we can pretend that AMD actually made any tech in the range of the 290 before Vega

>pcie x16 2.0 @ x16 1.1