/djt/ - Daily Japanese Thread #1989.5

DJT is a language learning thread designed by and for those studying the Japanese language.

Read the Guide linked below before asking how to learn Japanese:
djtguide.neocities.org/
Check the Cornucopia of Resources before asking where to download X or Y:
djtguide.neocities.org/cor.html

Archive of older threads: desuarchive.org/int/search/subject/Daily Japanese Thread/

Previous Thread: 87185233

* 週末刊

Attached: djt12.jpg (800x600, 104K)

Other urls found in this thread:

japanesetest4you.com/flashcard/learn-jlpt-n4-grammar-てくる-te-kuru/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What types of Japanese books did you guys read to learn more vocabulary?

What's the difference between X and Y?
XとYの違いは何ですか。

Is this correct? Or can it be made more polite?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Hitori no Shita - The Outcast S2 - 07 [720p].mkv_snapshot_14.09_[2018.03.04_21.56.19] (1280x720, 80K)

>studying Kanji writing challenges
>pronunciation カン and means China
>China? Why is this Kanji China? I thought China was 中国
>feel like I've seen this before
>it was the kanji for 漢字

Fucking brainlet moment right there.

Attached: Screenshot_20180323-151124.png (1080x1920, 130K)

Looks correct to me.

>Or can it be made more polite?
でございます instead of です, probably
or maybe rephrasing it as
XとYの違いの説明をお願いします。

Novels and VNs.

maybe it's just me, but I think the last sounds a bit like as if you were asking for the check in the restaurant

i no longer think i will make it

Attached: a9119bc3f26a915c3c0d2a12af13ea0c1368133437_large.jpg (200x196, 13K)

Oh, hey, Kanji Study. Its ability to rearrange kanji into your own 'folder' and then test you on that helps me immensely with like, 40 or so kanji that just means different types of trees in N1.

>打ち噛ます
Okay, let's look for sample sentences...

- なにさらしとんじゃ!ぶちかましたろか、おんどれぇ!
- おまえなめとるんけ?ホンマぶちかましたろかダボ
wwwww

>快
cheerful, pleasant, agreeable, comfortable
>怏
dissatisfaction, grudge

Surprisingly unrelated to each other

Also here's the final result.

Attached: 1491698395498.png (456x597, 248K)

Yeah, it's a pretty good app. I'm currently grinding learning how to draw and their meanings.
Though I'm learning by JLPT grades, instead of Jouyou grades. Don't know if that's better or worse.

Okay, thanks.

Context is guy is guiding a dead girl's ghost through the town she used to live in.
Which 引く is this here? The 驚くというより makes me think it's to "attract (e.g. interest)" but I think that conflicts with the つつも, doesn't it?

Attached: 引き.png (726x236, 116K)

What's got you down norway user? What is making you think you won't make it?

just a bad day, tomorrow i will come back stronger

Attached: ugh.png (297x105, 9K)

Wow, what deck is this? Also, there's a lot of cards you've studied today.

just standard 2k/6k, its not a lot of cards just around 200-300, just a lot of repetition cause my brain fell out halfway

Attached: 1514335026260.jpg (2000x1345, 313K)

Don't worry user! I'm having the same rate as you today. In the long run if you don't give up, there is no way you can fail

Alright. Bad day today, but tomorrow you'll do better!

As they say in Norway, "get it done". And by 'Norway', I mean Norway, Michigan.

つつ is similar to ながら.
The も makes it into another common set expression, but if you look at the meanings separately it should make more sense.
I don't have enough context to say for sure, but I'd loosely translate it as
"Instead of being surprised/startled by her knowledge, he just let her words soak in, his mind wandering through a superimposed image of Mikagegaoka's distant past and the present."

Source: my ass.

Jisho told me つつも meant "despite" and "even though" so that's how I was interpreting it.
I did however have a nagging feeling that regular つつ + も for emphasis might also be a thing because "lets try and trick learners www" but I didn't verify before asking. Which I should have.
Thanks for answering though.

Attached: つつ(も).png (365x426, 24K)

OH, Japanese, eh? Tricky language, fooling its learners like that?

What do you usually do if there's a part of your sentence that you can't make sense of and it's because you don't know if its one word/two words, etc.?

I've picked up some beginner's reading material and started reading Mitsudomoe for practice.

So in the following sentence:
鴨橋小学校に赴任してきた新任教師の矢部智です。

I've figured out that it basically means, (I'm the) newly transferred homeroom teacher Yabe Satoshi, at Kamohashi Middle School.
But I'm not sure what the してきた part is. Is it two words, して and きた, with きた just being the past form of くる or does it form one word? Or am I just completely off here?

>Is it two words, して and きた, with きた just being the past form of くる or does it form one word?
Yeah

Makes sense. Thank you.
It always throws me off when 来る isn't in kanji.

And for the first part of your question I usually just do an "expanding" Google search so to speak. Take what you think is the smallest lexeme (I think that's the proper word) and stick it into Google. If you get random results try adding more of the stuff around it into the search.
A search for "てきた grammar" returns
japanesetest4you.com/flashcard/learn-jlpt-n4-grammar-てくる-te-kuru/
as the second link for me. Of course, you should probably still ask if you can't find something that makes you think it couldn't be anything else.

Yea, that's a good idea.

Also, does anyone else have a problem with the new Rikaichan replacements (Firefox Quantum)? The popup doesn't appear half the time and I have to toggle it on/off again to get the popup back.

nips fucking love posting pictures of monster energy drinks on twitter